Ola´s life story short
I have always “enlightened and delighted transitions”, both to friends and professionally. I have 35 years of life experience with various spiritual paths, schools of mediation, progressive therapy and transformational methods. I trained with some of the world leaders in these fields, and worked professionally with dance therapy and meditation for seven years. I was on my way to become a therapeutic sex counselor, when I realized, I simply do not want to work with the heaviness of people´s problems.
Music and dancing were my first big loves, and I made the leap from serious therapeutic practice to entertainment. Since 1999 I´ve acted as a DJ, stage & event presenter and speaker, with around 200.000 people who have danced to the music I dj, or at parties I've put into the world. I have ~450 happy high class castle wedding parties to account for, and some 330 business events, including ~130 specific German Swedish events for IKEA. Add several hundreds of mixed other DJ & Presenting gigs for private, companies, institutions and "Swedish official" to that.
Please visit my DJ site DJ Ola.
Energy Healing Wizard - Heal and Awaken with VortexHealing® Divine Energy Healing
With VortexHealing® I get to play with energies in yet another fabulous way. The title Wizard is there to already now rattle your mind a bit. Please visit the site Heal and Awaken with VortexHealing®.
P. Ola Jannhov, born in Sweden, based in Berlin
P. Ola Jannhov
Mystic * DJ * Healer
I´m an Mystic, Discjockey and Healer. The underlying theme of my life seem to be a spiritual path with transpersonal evolution.
To delight transitions means that I delightfully support in times of evolution and transformation, to make your changeovers joyous, light and easy. Accordingly, as I evolved as a DJ, my specialty became transitional events; one time events like weddings, the birthdays with a "0" and for companies, events like new openings and major anniversaries (and not so much the yearly occurring xmas parties).
Thereby I make you Move with Joy to Liberate. Liberation at a party simply means to be free and have an awesomely great time. Liberation in the healing work and in the spiritual contexts hints at a further-reaching freedom, doesn't it?
I delight Your transitions & Move with Joy to Liberate together form my credo and this is what you can expect, as the core content of any of my work.
Basic stations through life
- Born 1964, in Lund, Sweden
- Technical gymnasium 1980 - 1984, simplified engineering degree in electronics and computer construction
- Designed and built Hi-Fi electronics, "things that made sounds" and invented a sound sampler (Yamaha brought their first model to the market simultaneously)
- Military service 1984, specialized in technical problem solving in complex communication facilities
- 1990 moved to Germany. I've lived in Berlin, Bielefeld, Cologne, Potsdam and now just southwest of Berlin
University (I´ve been to three and have no formal degree)
- General cultural science, sociology and history at the university of Lund, Sweden, 1985 - 1988
- Social and business communications at the "Universität der Künste" (university of arts), Berlin, 1993 - 1994
- Therapeutic training, specialized in sex counseling at a private, international university in the Netherlands called "the Humaniversity", 1996 -1999
Other, more classically formal trainings
- Training in cultural marketing and management, Akademie für Kultur und Bildung, Berlin, 1994 - 1995
- Internship, managing assistant at One World Verlag, Berlin, 1995
- Business school and coaching training, Sage Innovations, Munich, Colgne, 2003 - 2004
Theater and stage performance
- Joined "Lilla teatern", Lund in 1985 (were e.g. Max von Sydow started his career)
- Basic actors training, basic acrobatic training
- Worked with rhythm and experimental voice expression
- Directed and trained, very pleased to have helped a young woman into the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art in London
- Cultural exchange (theater) of 15 Swedes and 15 Bulgarians (Lund and Novi Pazar) 1987-1988. Played in Novi Pazar 1987.
- Played loads of serious theater and light entertainment
Other, less formal trainings
- Certified as dance meditation and dance therapeutic process facilitator, trainings in Denmark and India 1986 - 1991 (worked with this for 7 years)
- Certified Vivation facilitator, training in Berlin 1992 - 1995 (the basic concept of "integration of anything appearing" will always be part of anything I do)
- Certified Humaniversity AUM and other Social Meditations leader, since 1996
- Landmark Education, the full curriculum, Frankfurt am Main, 2001 - 2002
- Loads of assisting and co leading in seminars of others in various forms of personal growth, including tantra, since 1990
Lifestyle choices & my learning experiences out of them
- Essential simplicity
- I never really stepped into the rat race
- I'm more into being than having
- Meaningful doing seem to be the bridge between necessary having and essential being
- Sometimes this bridge is as thin as a tightrope and my life is about keeping the balance. This act of life balance is then like practicing spiritual trust in everyday life
- My vocation is that of Joy, to enlighten and delight the transitions people have in their lives
- My favorite parties to dj at, are weddings cause that's such a beautiful transition
- I delight transitions Midlife. Letting go of the unnecessary might be less about stuff and more about habits and believes. It's more about freeing up the inner clutter
- I live in a simple house in the forest, but close enough to Berlin to have the goodies both of nature and the big city
Native Speaker / Voice talent Swedish
My voice has been used professionally since 2003. Please visit my native speaker site Swedish Male Voice.
Since the age of 15 I knew I wanted to do "my thing" but for many years I found it hard to get to the very point of WHAT exactly.
Work wise I found "my first real thing" in 1999 as I decided to go for entertainment in general and DJ:ing specifically.
- I set up Colognes first smoke free and alternative disco "TanzSpass" in 2000
It´s still rocking! (Bare foot boogie like, that you might know from the US.) Please visit TanzSpass Köln
- In 2004 stage entertainment & event presenting was added
- Since 1999 I've played at way beyond a thousand parties: weddings, birthdays, companies, television, city events .. the list is long. Please visit my DJ site DJ Ola
- Presentation. I´m a pretty descent live stage presenter and have officially presented Sweden in the field of tourism. Please visit my DJ site DJ Ola
My catalog of "jobs for a living" is wide: newspaper man, hospital worker, bus driver, street market salesman ... I probably have forgotten some.
Some more important occupations before my "real" self employment as a Dj and presenter kicked in (as above).
- Administration and running the office of Lilla Teatern, Lund, 1987 - 1988
- Translating from English and German to Swedish, 1990 - 1991, 1997
- Stage design, theater technician, Lund 1989, Side in Turkey 1991
- Teaching Swedish in Berlin 1992 - 1994
- Software Sidoun, the company world of architecture and constructional engineering 1994 - 1996
- Sales of golf equipment in 2000
Some unique aspects and results in and for the world
- Formal education in three countries
- Been featured in newspapers, magazines, radio and television (and in one book) around movements, initiatives, events and parties I answer for, since my early 20s
- Decades of professional DJ:ing, mainly in Germany but I've also played in Sweden, the Netherlands and California (since 1999)
- Around 200.000 people have danced to the music I dj, or at parties I've put into the world
- Brought Lunchbeat to Berlin in 2012. This included Reuters making a feature and Oprah Winfrey later reported on the phenomena of once a month going dancing in your lunch-break. We were in all major German news magazines, radio and television, under the headline of “cool work life balance”
- Initiated a David Bowie RIP party that still is memorable to guests and to us artists that were on stage.
- Gave my first personal growth workshop with 23, the youngest participants was 40
- Taught Dance Mediation and Therapy for seven years (80s, 90s)
- Been leading active, social and silent meditations for 15 years
- Worked two years in a quite progressive German software company, that e.g. had a 30 minutes common mediation slot before lunch (90s)
- Central presenter / speaker at Secret of Tantra´s bi-annual festivals 2011, 2013, 2015, 2017
- Presenter at the Integral European Conference “Allies of Evolution” 2018, with “Integral Dance of Life”
- Fluent in three languages
- Lived in three countries, worked in five, and have worked with and for around 20 nationalities
- Bridges cultural understanding
- Advanced and progressive thinker
- Natural outdoors guy
- Swedishness (which is a huge asset in Germany)
Some links to friends and people, whose work I enjoy
- The official VortexHealing® Divine Energy Healing site "..is a holistic system of multi-dimensional healing & inner awakening."
- [Still in the making here and there] *Natural Liberation* - Ola's blog & podcast (& some great music)
- Terri O´Fallon - taking the Integral Theory to the next level
- Stina Deurell´s "Wider Embraces" - Collective Perspectives - Unconditional Belonging
- Peter Merry´s "Volution Theory"
- Introduction talk on VortexHealing, recorded 2012 with VH teacher Anthony Gorman
- .. more to come